BootsnAll Travel Network



Gainfully Employed!!!

At last we have a job….. and its in the Galapagos Islands!! After getting very frustrated by not being able to get a straight answer in Mendoza after three weeks, we went to an internet café and applied pretty much for every job in South America, as well as a few random speculative e-mails to a few schools in the Galapagos and Ecuador on the off chance.

Well, in an embarrassment of riches the following day we were both offered some work at the Institute in Mendoza, two interviews in Buenos Aires, not to mention a 46 hour a week job in a Smelter outside of Santiago!! But the most exciting was some information from a small school on the island of Isabela in the Galapagos Islands. The next few days involves a long and rather dull story with many frantic e-mails and phone calls to make sure we had the job in Isabela before we turned down the others – I mean, jobs in Smelters don’t come along every day!!

Anyway, long story short, we both have jobs in Isabela for three months from July to September. The island only has about 1500 residents, no bank and frequently no electricity so it should be a challenge but very exciting.

So, we’ve changed out plans yet again. We’re now going to risk the weather (it is getting into winter down there now and most places and I think transport start to close down) and head straight down to Ushuaia at the end of the world and work our way back up through Patagonia and onwards overland to Ecuador.

So… one more weekend in Mendoza.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *