BootsnAll Travel Network



¿No hablo Espanol?

We have spent the last two weeks then in Mendoza learning Spanish with Intercultural. It has been good and I think I have learned a lot, at least we definitely did in the first week. The second week was a bit dodgy and we learnt a lot of useless stuff about clothes and jewelry, but it was ok.

We also had a tango lesson one day which was hilarious, Paul and I are terrible dancers together although it is really hard for the man as he has to know what to do, and all I had to do was follow! Anyway, I don’t think it is something Paul is in a hurry to repeat.

We loved staying with our host family. Malena (our Mum) was lovely and a fabulous cook and the rest of her family were really welcoming. It was lovely to sit down at the table with a huge family and share a birthday meal with them, even if we weren’t sure exactly what was being said all of the time. Although there was definite bonding over cartoon theme tunes – ah the international language of “Thunder, thunder, thunder, Thundercats!! Although we must confess that our family did speak great English so we were able to cheat and have some chats in English. This did of course give us a chance to really get to know them better too and to learn more about Argentina.

Whilst studying at the school Paul and I also taught a few lessons as substitute teachers which was great and allowed us to get more practice before we forgot how to teach! Unfortunately, until the last few days at the school we were being passed from person to person with vague promises of jobs but nothing very concrete.



Tags: , , , , ,

One response to “¿No hablo Espanol?”

  1. Becky Tostevin says:

    Hey you two, just catching up on all your news.

    Sounds like you’re having a fab time out there. The Galapogos Islands – sounds fantastic – I am making do with 4 days in Brighton this year if you ever fancy swapping!!

    Just to let you know, Alison got married on 7th April – she looked stunning. Surprisingly for early April, it was a lovely hot day. Me and Deb got thoroughly drunk too!!

    Take care and I look forward to reading your next exciting installment!

    Becks
    x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *