BootsnAll Travel Network



A very rapid update……

I apologise, I have been quite terrible in my blogging updates… to the point where I would imagine you have all given up on reading this anyway!

But a very rapid update on the end of my travels (hopefully one day I’ll have time to go back and expand – for me more than you) before we move on to the next adventure……

After meeting Pauls parents in Buenos Aires we spent a month with them exploring Argentina and Chile; whale watching at Puerto Madryn, climbed the volcano in Pucon and ate lots of fabulous steak!

After the Tucknott’s left Paul and I spent our last few days in South America in Santiago, Chile, before flying to New Zealand (incredibly sad to leave South America) on 1st December.For a month in New Zealand we hired a camper van and toured north and south Islands, visiting quite a few friends on the way. Sadly the weather was pretty rubbish, but that didn’t stop us skydiving and bungee jumping (well I didn’t bungee but I did jump out of a plane!) Spent Christmas in Nelson and managed to BBQ just before the heavens opened!

From New Zealand we headed to Fiji for New Year, arriving on Vorovoro (Tribewanted Island) just in time for a very messy New Years Eve party. We had planned to spend 10 days on Vorovoro but when the time came to leave I decided to stay until the end of the month, whilst Paul went on to explore Australia.

We met up again in Melbourne at the beginning of February and spent a week with a hire car touring the Great Ocean Road and the wine tasting region around Melbourne.

From Melbourne Paul went on to spend his last 10 days in Hong Kong, whilst I stayed to visit family, and in fact ended up back in Fiji for my last week.

48 crazy hours in Hong Kong on the way back and it was 23rd February again and I was on the plane home to rainy old London and little old Guernsey.

An incredible, indescribable trip.



Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *