BootsnAll Travel Network



Mmmmmm Pisco!




IMGP5782.JPG

Originally uploaded by kathsmee.

After Puno we took an overnight bus to Arequipa where we spent a day in the sun exploring the city (another double decker city bus tour!) before heading out to Chivay to see the condors at Colca Canyon. Since we had had enough of organised tours by then we took a local bus to the town and eventually found a decent hostel after being harassed to stay in a couple of cold ones first! Yes, after the nice Cusco hotel my Mum and Dad were hostelling with us like troopers! Arrived at the Canyon the next day at 6:30am (in a taxi) and had to wait until about 10:00am to actually see any condors, even then I think we only saw three in the distance with one close up fly by. In all it was actually a bit disapointing (except for the thermal baths of course and the PIsco – which my Dad claimed to be alergic too but for some reason kept on drinking?), and didn’t work out cheaper at all travelling independantly since we chose to go on census day where there were no busses and we had to get a two hour taxi back to Arequipa (who didn’t incidentally have the correct paper work so we may or may not have had to bribe the police, we’re still not sure!) But it was a travelling adventure for the folks.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *