BootsnAll Travel Network



Quick Update – blogging takes ages…..

So, I’m sorry I am so terrible at keeping this thig really up to date, so in an effort to get back on track and save my fingers some serious damage I am going to give you a brief update of the last week and hopefully come back and edit if I have more time. Although, since its probably only the folks that ever read this anyway, and those civil servants with time on there hands, I{m sure you don’t mind.

So after our interesting arrival in Sucre we stayed there for another four days, just relaxing and exploring the city. I was ill for most of the time and spent a lot of time in bed I am sorry to say, just couldn’t shake off whatever I had. Fortunately we had met up again with Mikala, (the ozzy we met in Brazil and BA) so Tucky had someone to hang out with, he also took a few hours more Spanish lessons so he is now four hours more advanced!!

Sucre was a lovely, white buildinged colonial city, with an interesting museum displaying the declaration of independance for Bolivia. It also has the coolest dinosaur park where there is “apparently” the worlds largest collection of “real” dinosaur footprints. Not sure about the accuracy of the history but the fiberglass models were fantastic and it did make for a cool random day out!

The protests that were going on in the city when we arrived rumbled on for the whole time we were there, with fireworks and bangers goign off all the time along with the marches. It was a bit intimidating, especially for yours truly who was a true wimp – but in my defence I was ill and didn{t want another face full of tear gas! We have also been reliably informed that civil war is only a month away in Bolivia, so we’ll keep you posted, from a safe distance of course.

Friday night and we took an overnight bus to La Paz. We had splashed out a whole 9GBP on bus cama but still weren’t expecting much. As it happened though we were pleasantly suprised with fully reclining seats, a cleanish touilet and blankets. But my god di we need those blankets it was fecking freezing, this is my top tip for Bolivia, take a blanket everywhere!!



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *