BootsnAll Travel Network



Prooooo!




IMGP5381.JPG

Originally uploaded by kathsmee.

Merry Christmas to all my devoted readers….

Once again I’m sorry for the long delay updating the site, and once again I am pleased to point out that I have had much better things to do with my time than sitting in Internet cafes! However, with 2008 fast aproaching, so too is to end of our trip (well this phase at least) and we are starting to think about the world of work again (boo!) albeit in Hong Kong so that’s not too bad. But what have we been up to in the last three months….

After leaving the Galapgos Islands once and for all, we spent a couple of sleepless nights in Quito and Lima airport travelling down to Cusco (during which time we were almost victims of an airport scam – as if we were really about to follow the strange man into a dark car park, and Paul nearly had us thrown off a plane calling the check in girl a liar in his bestest Spanish!). Anyway, only a few hours late we arrived in Peru and checked in with the folks to a much nicer standard of accommodation than we were used to! It was really lovely to see them again (of course, they read this too) and we had a great few weeks travelling around Peru together.

We started off with the Inca Trail which was really great. We went with a really good company called Peru Treks (Andy, Fiona, Sandra and Dave thank you for the recommednation!) They were excellent, good guides, amazing porters (I can’t believe what those guys carry!) and fabulous food, can’t believe they cook it all on a couple of gas burners in a tent. We were even lucky with the weather and the morning we arrived at Machu Pichu there was hardly any cloud and we got to take those iconic photos. All in all it was a really good trip, I thought it might be really crowded and touristy but it was well managed and we had a great group whon all really bonded so we had a great time.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *