BootsnAll Travel Network



Animal Cruelty




life at home (1)

Originally uploaded by kathsmee.

Paul has also spent a considerable amount of time over the last few months taunting me as an animal killer, all because I may ahve illegally flash photographed baby sea horses in Barcelona, stepped on a butterfly in Brazil, and recently trod on a lava lizard in Isabela, and to Pauls great amusement the tail came off and proceeded to writhe around on the floor for 5 minutes while the poor thing went off to be teased and bullied by his fully tailed lizard friends………. In my defence I beleive they were all going through low patches in their life and nothing I could have done would have stopped them thowing themselves in my path! Unfortunately the grand finale of this run of animal cruelty was unfortunately letting the dog from our house (remember the early breeder?) run under the wheels of a car, two days before we were due to leave! In fairness, what actually happenned was “the psychopathic dog, having been locked up for several days and biting and fighting like a mad thing, shot out the opened gate when our friend left the house and into the wheels of a car” – amazing really on an Island with so few cars – what are the chances! Fortunately the puppy survived with only a bruised (maybe a lifttle broken) paw, although it was nearly finished off when the family (yup crazy!) fed it a man sized aspirin for the pain. Understandably the drugs were slightly too much for the rat sized puppy and the thing spent its night throwing up its unhealthy and sometimes infrequent meal of left over soup.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *