BootsnAll Travel Network



Living in Wuhan

We arrived in Wuhan on Halloween at 11:30pm. We had a great flight from Surabaya to Hong Kong.
My wife Emily, and our youngest son Wyatt have been preparing for our return to China since April 2017. In Indonesia, the rainy season is about to begin, while in Wuhan Autumn is hanging on tenaciously. We arrived early at Juanda Airport in Surabaya. Our daughter Grace had driven us to the airport for our 8:30 flight. We checked our luggage then we had a nice breakfast at Starbucks with our daughter. Emily, Wyatt and I said goodbye to Grace and made our way to the boarding lounge.
The flight arrived on time and we boarded. We had a good meal and a relaxing flight aboard Cathay Pacific. We arrived in Hong Kong a little early.
Although we expected to board the next flight in a couple of hours, and were not really hungry, we decided to walk up to the food court so we could sit. It turned out to be a fateful decision.
After 40 minutes of waiting, I grew restless and began checking the flight board. In Hong Kong boarding gates change frequently, so it’s best to be proactive about staying informed. The board indicated a delay of one hour. Thankfully we now had a table and some snacks.
We then made our way to the boarding lounge for the Cathay Dragon flight. We boarded the plane after another short delay to clean the plane. We waited while the plane loaded luggage. We all watched the small screens in front of us. They offer a good selection of music, movies and TV.
Another delay was announced, a brake failure, but the pilot(a master of understatement) announced it as a minor delay. We set sail again by 9:30.
The meal was good
We arrived.
We’re here now and having a new adventure in Wuhan, Hubei province.



Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.