BootsnAll Travel Network



Riding luxury to Chiang Mai

I’m sitting at the bus station in Bangkok waiting for my bus to Chiang Mai. All locals here and no backpackers in sight. I was thinking “Shit! Was I sold the wrong bus ticket?” (I bought my ticket through a travel agency and of course they probably sold me the most expensive ticket, although I’m sure riding in an a/c bus is very nice but really not necessary for me with my budget).

So at the station was a line of regular a/c tour buses. I showed the train manager my ticket and he pointed at a bus that was just about to leave….I threw my backpack under the bus and jumped in. Just as we were leaving the station – It turns out that they double booked my seat and there were no more seats available. Fudge! I was cursing the travel agency in my head!

But all worked out in the end – the manager put me on a VIP double decker sleeper bus – fully loaded with a/c, two televisions, recliner seats, a restroom, pillow & blanket, food, drinks and a even a refreshing face towel in the morning. Sweet! The 10 hour ride to Chiang Mai was real nice…I slept like a baby. Now i just hope they screw up my return ticket back to Bangkok… lol just kidding 🙂

I’ll be in Chiang Mai for a week – I’ll be doing some trekking/camping for the next 3 days – so I’m looking forward to that! Might also go further up north to Chiang Rai – but haven’t decided yet.

Shout out to Naoyaki from Tokyo, Japan – It was a pleasure talking to you. Thanks again for the beer and keeping me company for the 6 hours that I had to kill in Bangkok before my bus to Chiang Mai. Keep in touch!

Naoyaki was at the end of his 3 month travel – he spent a month in India, a month in Nepal and now Thailand. He spent $2500 total (that was including his air tickets). Very impressive my friend!



Tags:

3 responses to “Riding luxury to Chiang Mai”

  1. Josh says:

    Make sure to take some thai cooking classes in Chang Mai. I think there known for that, so you can make me something scrumptious when you return…

  2. Sophia says:

    Me…cook you something? ha – if you’re lucky 🙂 j/k

    I took a one day cooking class yesterday. It was awesome!

  3. SAMMY says:

    So I guess the bus ride was sweet, good shit. There you go again talking about going camping for 3 days in Thailand. I hope it’s camping with like a big group or something. Well have fun. The fam says hi, especially Donovan.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *