BootsnAll Travel Network



xian

Done the sightseeing, taken the pics, bought the postcards and even the book of the Terracotta warriors, plus had the farmer who originally discovered them sign it – not that I would trust anything in this country as original. Overall the Terracota warriors better than I expected and even thought the entrance fee a bargain by Chinas standards. But regretted doing it on a tour as needed more time as a lot to take in and given the crowds would have been nice to just wandered at my own pace. As it was the tour typical Chinese style, besides the T.W a few bits mildly interesting but some total crap. Not only did we get the jade shops but rushed the Tw to go to a place selling kitchen knives !!! – theres a big Walmart in the city, if any one was desperate couldn’t they go there !! So that will teach me to be lazy and take a tour, admittedly at times little choice.

So today did a very independant tour around the local sites, too much walking and a definite lack of clean air but Sundays always a lively day so good to be out and about and then play sardines on the local buses. And to add insult to Chinese cuisine splashed out on a KFC, sometimes has to be done and a lot better than the dog meat I had yesterday ( hope it was a Tibetan dog ).

Tonight take the train to Beijing



Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.