BootsnAll Travel Network



Beijing

Now in Beijing after the overnight train trip from Xian. Took a sleeper so easy, admittedly not sure I would like to be in a big city train station during the festival period, it was daunting enough in the “quiet” period.

Like Xian have no info on this place nor guidebook. Unlike Xian proved to be a complete pain. Plan to walk out the station and dump my bags in any old hotel and then check the place out went pear shaped as couldn’t find a hotel at least not at this station. Also raining and rush hour. So ended walking aimlessly and either the hotels ( not the very big ones ) hide themselves well or Beijing is just not well supplied but eventually found a reasonable place and never expected the places to be cheap anyway.

Spent the day wandering around, so my second day of pumping in the pollution, I hope next years athletes don’t forget their face masks. Did the Tiannamen square, Forbidden City and a few other bits. like the T.W the Forbidden city an absolute bargain, you can entrance to those two for half a lake in Yunnan or just the bus to carry you around Juizhaigou but not the entrance fee. Feel I have been getting ripped off these last few weeks !!, at that price might even go back again to the Forbidden City.

Anyway tomorrow plan to go to the Summer Palace and cruise the metro. Also hopefully at some point meet up with the girl I met at Danba. Will be here a few days so hopefully have a break from buses.



Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.