BootsnAll Travel Network



Xian

Survived another 12 hour overnight bus journey and made it here Xian.

Given that it was never part of my plans to come here my knowledge stretched as far as knowing its name, what it has ie the Terracota warriors and it having a reputation for theft. My LP for this area also at home in the UK so thats of no help so meant arriving in a large city blind which could go 2 ways. To be dumped in some edge of city bus station, or worse the side of the road with no one willing to help, or arrive in the center and find the place user friendly. Luckily it was second. The driver did dump me on the side of the road but at least pointed out a building which turned out to be the train station. Even at 6am the place buzzing and a tout quickly took me under his control and despite quoting those kiss of death words “its in the Lonely Planets” took me to a hotel. As it was the rooms fine despite the premium price. And a backpacker style place so at least get the chance to be loaded onto tour buses, whizzed around the sights and then at the end given a train ticket and sent on my way without too much thinking or effort involved. Which at this point in time probably suits me just fine !!.

As it was had a fairly quiet day just wandering around the city. A well established place on the tourist map so all easy enough with a fairly pleasant center surrounded by a historic wall (which isn’t probably very historic but the thought is there). Tomorrow do some more serious sightseeing of the T.W etc.



Tags:

Comments are closed.