BootsnAll Travel Network



So far so good

Four classes so far…. and I think they all went pretty well. I’m going to be honest and say that I was a bit nervous going in.

Wait. Hold on. Minor correction.

I was extremely nervous! I was “what if my students hate me and/or entirely forgetting how to teach” nervous. But being that it was my first day on the job it’s of good reason. Right? 

Teacher, teacher. Where are you from?” 

”How long have you been in China?” 

It was these first questions that alleviated my nerves. My students came in cool, calm, and curious and welcomed me whole-heartedly. Pheeww! And here I was all tensed and worried. They were as much interested in me as I was in them.

I teach five days out of the week with Mon and Tues being my off days. I have a mix of students, Korean and Chinese, ranging from ages 7-15 years old. Most of my Korean students, if not all, have strict daily schedules. In addition to their English school with me, they have their Korean School and Chinese School. Talk about overload eh? In spite of their crazy schedule they still roll in ready and willing to learn.  

So I haven’t worked on a lesson plan in ages. And I never really enjoyed doing them back in my college days yet I find myself working on them every chance I get. Keeping it detailed and thorough at the same time trying to keep it fun and interesting so I don’t bore my students. For goodness sake, it took me five hours to complete my first one. Geez, even I don’t remember spending that much time on a single lesson plan. I’m sure I’ll get better at it in no time 🙂 

Sending love from China  xoxo  



Tags:

3 responses to “So far so good”

  1. Sammy says:

    Wow cool studio, especially with the cool view. Damn I can only imagine the nerves running while teaching a class in a different country for the first time. That is pretty challenging for the first couple of days. It seems like you’re really excited, I guess you should be. What your doing is something totally different. It’s a whole different lifestyle; what and where your living.
    Well keep doing what you do, keep your hear up. Muahhh love and miss yahh.
    BTW, still playing Navy, suckssssss.

  2. gd says:

    Hey cuzzo! I’m glad to hear you’re doing good. Your job sounds really exciting. Don’t worry much your students will love you. You’re doing a great job out there. Take are and email us if you need anything alright. Miss you much!

  3. Jules says:

    I’m glad everything went well for you! Now you can finally say that your hard earned college degree is paying off and working for ya! Happy for you and be safe out there! Miss ya lots!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *