BootsnAll Travel Network



More stuff in and around Cusco

24 Jun – 27 Jun, 2005

The 24th is Cusco’s big day. Inti Raymi. Was it touristy? Yes. Worth seeing? Definitely. Worth going out of our way for? Glad we didn’t… The setting at Sacsayhuamán was beautiful, and sitting high up on the rocks with thousands (tens of?) locals was all part of the action, especially fighting for enough space to view the goings-ons below. Costumes were stunning against the rocks, and a colourful spectacle it was indeed.

Inti Raymi

Inti Raymi

The 25th is Jo’s big day. Birthday. Was it touristy? Of course not. Worth celebratimg? Definitely. Is she worth it? 😉 Brunched in the main square, in a little café with a balcony. Dinner was in a cosy grill restaurant that was once part of an Incan palace, where we had lamb, pork, llama, and guinea pig.

Birthday
Lamb, pork, llama, guinea pig, potatoes, and stuffed peppers.

On the 27th, we visited our other World Vision sponsor child, Deyvis. Almost 2 hours from Cusco, we spent a few hours meeting him, his mother and siblings, and viewing various aspects of the World Vision project in his village.

Deyvis
With Deyvis and his mother, en-route to one of the local project sites.



Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply