BootsnAll Travel Network



Get certified FAQ

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Surabaya, Indonesia

General Questions

1. What does the tuition for the program include?

Total fees: $1500

Comprised of:

$500 Non-refundable deposit

$1,000 TEFL course fee.  This amount includes tuition, course materials, certification and moderation fees.  Airfares,accommodation and food are not included.

Accommodation is easily arranged for $120 to $250 depending on your needs.

2. How do I pay for the course?

At the beginning, you need to pay the $500 deposit either online by credit card or via bank transfer.

3. You have the following options for final payment:

Cash on arrival is NOT an preferred method of final payment and is only accepted with prior arrangement.

Pay by credit card either before or upon arrival.

Pay by bank transfer:

Bank Account : Lawrence Wayne Duplessis

BCA Diponegoro , Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia

ac # 258-152-5950 BCA Swiftcode: CENAIDJA

Bank BCA(Banc Central Asia)

You should send in US DOLLARS.  Your local bank should convert the currency.  If this is impossible, please ask for other instructions at Email Tefl Indonesia.

Please arrange to send the bank transfer 2 weeks before the course start date.  Kindly send us a scanned copy of your bank receipt at TEFL INDONESIA.  Please do not forget to bring and show the bank receipt to the course administrator upon arrival at the training center.

4. What is an average program day like?

Class time is generally 9:00 am to 4:45 pm, with mid morning and afternoon breaks and a lunch break.  For approximately two weeks, you will be preparing to teach, learning all of the things you need to know in order to be successful in the classroom.  For the other two weeks, you will actually be teaching each morning and preparing your materials in the afternoons.

5. How many students on average are in the program each month?

The maximum class size in the Surabaya course is 32, however it is split up into two groups.  Most of the participants are American, British, Canadian or Australian, although we do accept non-native speakers of English who have a high proficiency in the language.

6. What are the teaching practice students and classes like?

We use local Indonesian students for the trainees’ teaching practice.  Indonesian students are very keen and enthusiastic. For many of these students it’s their first exposure to a native speaker.

7.      What are the program accommodations like?   Where are they located?

There are A/C equipped rooms near the school.  The location is more convenient, as all you have to do is walk a few minutes into the classroom in the morning.  There is also the additional advantage at the school that you can go to your room for lesson planning and study in the afternoons.  All rooms have air-conditioning, a private bath, and are clean and adequately furnished.

8. Can I have things shipped or mailed to me at the school?

Yes!  Below is our address.

Contact Information

For   any further queries please contact TEFL   INDONESIA Admin

Our Contact numbers - Indonesia (Surabaya)
Email Netty Poernomo Wayne Duplessis Admin Tefl Indo
MSN ID duper
Yahoo ID Email Tefl Indonesia
Skype wayne.duplessis
TEFL International Indonesia Adryan Sutanto Telephone: +62 081 703284155 Wayne Duplessis Telephone: +62 087 851 964 031 (call or text) Netty Poernomo Course Director Telephone: +62 31 732 0973 Fax: +62 31 732 0974 Campus Address: TEFL International Indonesia Raya Darmo Permai 111 KAV 15 BLOK C1 C2 Surabaya, Jawa Timur, 60241 Indonesia Telephone: +62 31 732 0973 Fax: +62 31 732 0974

9. Can I bring my laptop?

Yes, you can bring it with you but the internet connections aren’t ideal in Indonesia, but are improving. Most cafes and some restaurants have WiFi connections.

We have 2 available computers without internet access that the trainees can use for lesson planning and doing assignments free of charge.

For internet service, there are internet cafes available around the town.

10.  The job market and teaching in Indonesia: Paperwork and documentation

What is the TEFL job market in Indonesia like? Will I have trouble getting a job?

The TEFL job market in Indonesia is excellent at the moment.  Finding employment is only difficult if you wait until the last day of the course to begin looking.  With just a little patience, you will certainly locate work in no time, usually in the area of your choice.

When do I need to start looking for work in Indonesia?  Where do I start?

We suggest you begin setting up interviews and sending resumes in the second or third week of the course.

Working in Indonesia

11. What will TEFL International do to help me secure employment?

We can give you a list of schools in Indonesia and help you with resume and interview preparation.  We guarantee job placement assistance, but please note that TEFL International doesn’t ‘guarantee’ its graduates employment in Indonesia as such. This job placement assistance program is an integral part of the course and is available for as long as you may require it.

What is the average salary like?

The average salary in Indonesia is about 7,500.000 to 9,000,000 Rupiah per month. This varies depending on what type of school or company you work for and whether you work full or part-time.

Do most schools provide accommodations for their teachers?

Yes, but there are schools that do this. For example, some schools may provide a room for you, either shared or single, probably in an apartment with other teachers and it may or may not be on the school’s premises.

How many of the TEFL graduates actually find work in Indonesia?

Most of our course graduates who have wanted to work in Indonesia have been able to secure teaching positions.

What documents do I need to bring?

Of course, you need your passport.  When you secure work you may be asked to provide notarized copies of your birth certificate, college degrees and transcripts. Although a BA is not necessary for the visa, it certainly helps to open up doors. You might also consider obtaining an international driving permit if driving in Indonesia should be necessary for you.  Motorcycles are relatively inexpensive, and can be rented. Driving in Indonesia demands focus and isn’t for the easily-distracted.

Do schools provide health insurance?

Generally, yes.

Do schools provide work permits?

Your school should help you secure a work permit. In order to apply initially, you get the job offer in writing from your future employer, along with copies of his business registration and Ministry of Education documents. Your employer will arrange travel and most schools have agents to Shepard teachers through the process.

What is a typical teaching position like?

Of course, it varies from school to school, but you may be expected to teach a variety of courses, ranging from children to business professionals at all levels, in groups or in private sessions. Indonesia is a vibrant ESL market with Language courses, private schools, International schools and a number of opportunities for CLT(Corporate Language Training).

Can I return to my own country and teach with my certificate?

Yes, it’s possible though the requirements for working in ESL or TEFL in many western countries are different and sometimes need graduate education in ESL or TEFL.

12.  Questions about Surabaya: Living in Indonesia

What are the average housing and living expenses in Indonesia?

Most contracts will include shared accommodation is a house. Indonesians haven’t embraced the idea of apartments. Should you decide to rent your own home  your school can assist in finding something suitable.

What if I get sick in Surabaya?   Are there western-standard medical facilities?

If you find yourself requiring medical attention, Surabaya has a number of very good hospitals and clinics with well-educated, helpful doctors. There are a number of private clinics and local pharmacies in Surabaya.

If there is any serious injury, please inform the Course Director or one of the staff and transportation will be provided to the nearest hospital for treatment.

What’s the public transportation system like?

Taxis are generally the most convenient way to travel. Prices are set for standard routes, and should be about 15,000-25,000 Rupiah(one way) for most trips. Minimum charge is 10,000 Rupiah.

What’s the climate like?   What kind of clothing will I need to bring?

It’s hot and humid.  Clothes are very inexpensive in Indonesia, so you may want to travel fairly light.  Larger size shoes 11/43 can be difficult to find. Both women and men may have some difficulty with some clothing sizes. Toiletries and hygiene products are easy to find here, as are contact lens cleaners, deodorants, headache remedies and condoms.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you for choosing TEFL International!

EXTRAS

Indonesian Martial Arts … an introduction

Javanese cooking

Traditional Dance

Dangdut

The Mystery and magic of the Kris

Bromo

Sendang Biru

Palaces of Solo

Borubodur

Prambanan

Yogyakarta


Taman Safari

links

Planning on living or working in Indonesia? www.expat.or.id/

www.indonesia-travel-guide.de/indonesiasurabaya.html

www.eslcafe.com

www.bootsnall.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surabaya

www.usembassyjakarta.org/surabaya.html

www.britishcouncil.org/indonesia.htm

Complete listing of Foreign Embassies in Jakarta

Restaurants in Surabaya

Photos of Indonesia and Asia



Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply