BootsnAll Travel Network



Crossroads

Crossroads. We’ve all been at them, and sometimes we’ve felt strung across them.

Crossroads. We’ve all been at them, and sometimes we’ve felt strung across them. Sometimes they’re options,sometimes they’re ultimatums.
I’ve recently been puzzling over a choice. Should I stay or should I go. None too original,that question,but nonetheless that’s the particular crossroads I’m at.
Surabaya, where I’m at now,has many advantages. At the top of the list is family.
China,where I’m likely going, has advantages, foremost being the future potential that will create a comfortable life for my family.
The school opening in China is new. I will choose,train and promote the academic staff. Decisions about curriculum, and schools management will fall to me.
Had I decided to stay the comfort of a familiar routine, a familiar city and some familiar faces would have been mine to enjoy.
Routine is nice. I savour the occasional challenge though. This city has also gotten congested,polluted and very expensive. The food here is just so darn good though. Ironically, the largest Muslim nation on earth is the best place to get pork chops.
Well, it does help to go to a non-Muslim restaurant.

The place to buy is Lido’s Pub in Darmo Park.
Maybe we’ll see you there sometime in the future.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply