BootsnAll Travel Network



Rottnest Island- Alone again Naturally

DSCF3084.jpgDSCF2697.jpg

Just opposite Perth is a lovely island called Rottnest. I took a day trip by ferry over to the island and it was a lovely picturesque place.

It used to be a penal colony- but is mainly famous for the numerous wrecks that have occurred on the rocks around the island.

It was a quiet reflective time for me here, as I was feeling fairly low at the news of the death of my Aunty Nora and the fact the family at home were attending the funeral.
On top of that was the news that dad wasn’t too well again – so I know it comes with the territory of travelling – but here I was thousands of miles away unable to convey my thoughts or talk properly to the people that mattered to me the most at such a difficult time.

On Rottwest there is a tiny cove called Mary ‘s Cove right next to Maggies Cove ( yes Mary Austin it is true)-and here I found myself alone on a boardwalk- with a stunning beautiful beach cove all to myself.

I have to say , that as sad as it sounds , it has got to be one of the most peaceful and serene moments that I have ever had on this world trip. Reflecting back on the last 6 months of my trip and what I’d seen was apt at this time and I treasured it. Sometimes just sitting still and reflecting back is enough.



Tags:

Leave a Reply