BootsnAll Travel Network



Sihanoukville

Finally got around to getting a Vietnam visa so will leave the legless, armless and pitiful to carry on their begging and head for Vietnam this weekend.  Do like Sihanoukville, partly because always seem to have good weather and the sea warm with a nice beach and comfortable sunloungers for relaxing.  With its good hotels and food can do far worse.  But the constant hasslers of the beggars and and hawkers can be a pain even if it is sad and probably a good reason why landmines and cluster bombs should be banned as the suffering goes on long after the fighting.  Certainly  puts a lot of tourists of and can’t  help the local economy in total. Admittedly the beaches where the elites go certainly no beggars, or poor white tourists like myself for that matter. 

Surprised to see how many Thais come over to visit at the weekend, obviously wealth is spreading.  Even more surprising given the current spat their respective militaries are having at the border.  The last time the countries fell out not so long ago the Cambodians burnt down the Thai embassy and businesses.  However it is normally the Vietnamese who get the greatest abuse from my experience despite the country being full of them. Its a hard life when you have aggressive over populated neighbours coverting your land and resources.

 So come Friday will head of to Kampot, a nice area which certainly on my last visit had some nice colonial buildings and then to south Vietnam.


Tags:

Comments are closed.