BootsnAll Travel Network



Sanya, Yalong Bay

Yesterday checked out Yalong Bay as its where the UK package tours apparently now going and also reputed to have the best beaches.

Despite an overcast and very windy day so not the best time to hit the beach, the place still on a lovely strip of white sandy beach. Surprisingly for China, given that as far as I am aware the country isn’t overloaded with great beaches on the mainland nor warm weather at this time of year, the place surprisingly undeveloped. The big name western hotels and a few others but other than that all fairly limited. However like everywhere in China lots of construction and I am sure development will follow at the usual speed China is renowned for. The weather certainly more windy than where I am staying with red flags flying and not the ones showing the hammer and sickle so maybe the coast is fairly exposed. Even Father Christmas was there taking a winter break !! ( here we already have the Christamas trees up – who said Christmas is becoming very commercial ).

All in all ok but on a long haul holiday not convinced, better places to visit in China and better beach culture elsewhere even if I am sure the Miss World competion gives it great promotion.



Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.