BootsnAll Travel Network



Sanya

So the most beautiful girls in the world are Chinese or at least the Chinese girl won the Miss World crown down the road from here last night. I am sure, like the Eurovision song contest, politics never comes into these things or home advantage !. In fairness there are plenty of pretty Chinese girls and with a population of 1.3 billion have the advantage in numbers.

Certainly all those beautiful girls not to be found here in Dadonghai, Sanya and I think the beach babes of Brazil, latin America and elsewhere still not need to worry too much. But a relaxing day on the beach regardless. Lots of sunshine, blue skies and a lovely sandy bay and swimming ok. And where else do you get to see whole families wearing identical hawaii style outfits (must be a longing for the old days wearing identical mao gear) or worse and much worse. In fairness I think beaches here more about taking the obligatory photos, doing the jet ski, run down your fellow beach friends with a quad bike or even get your photo taken with a snake, just anything but sunbathing. In fairness white skin is regarded highly and I am sure no one would want to be confused with a peasant farmer, in fact of the students I’ve met in China, peasant farmers will quickly become a dying breed if they can help it.

So all in all good. Tomorrow will probably check out the more serious beach along the coast with the upmarket big hotels where I assume the western tourist hide.



Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.