BootsnAll Travel Network



Guiyang

Just arrived in Guiyang, the provincial capital, from Kailli. Luckily not for long as it looks as undesirable as other Chinese cities and the train station the usual hell hole of a mass of people and no English – but did walk out with a ticket for Kumming tonight so should be grateful for something.

Anyway left Conjiang for the 8 hour trip to Kailli. A narrow twisty road thru’ the terraced hills and mountains and the road at least surfaced, not that that stopped the usual mass throwing up which seems to be endemic to ethnic people and with sealed windows not particularly pleasant. The scenery lacking in colour, the rice terraces still to gain much life and what seems an excess of logging leaves parched hillsides. And of the remaining trees the recent snows seem to have caused many to collapse. But for all that still some lovely villages with people in their ethnic colours and in the towns with their Friday markets a mass of wonderful ethnic costumes and colour.

Kailli has plenty to offer in the surrounding hills but the weather now poor and hopefully will get back next time so only stayed the night and left for here, an easy bus ride on a modern expressway.

Tonight train to Kumming and then hopefully fly to Bangkok Monday.



Tags:

Comments are closed.