BootsnAll Travel Network



Conjiang

Didn’t get the best start to the day as the hotel had told me the only bus for Conjiang departed at 8am.  Then at 7.18 in the morning they knocked on the door to tell me it leaves 7.20 so a quick scramble to get ready, luckily the bus waited for me.

The trip to Conjiang another bumpy dusty road with the occasional Dong village and not a lot of interest bar being stopped by a passing police car.  The officers flagged us down, walked on the bus, took photos of the excess passngers who then got off and carried on walking.  Having done the paperwork we then carried on, picking up the passengers 200 meters down the road !.  I even just got told off for not using the zebra crossing to cross the road and the road deserted, obviously some very dedicated local police around here.

Arrived no problem, Conjiang a small town with nothing of interest and the usual excess of white tiles but the locals friendly enough.  Just been to the lovely miow village of Bashia, the reason for coming here.  A lovely little village, very colourful and for the early travellers first coming here must have been a great experience as the place oozes character.  But in a very short time has obviously gone from being very unique to a place where the locals probably fed up with tourists and certainly not interested in having their pictures taken etc.  But for the moment still a long way from mass tourism with no restaurants etc and still quaint and an enjoyable few hours spent there.

Tomorrow head for Kailli.



Tags:

Comments are closed.