BootsnAll Travel Network



finally a trip back home

and possibly my last adventure for 2009 (well maybe) haha 🙂

I know I’ve said this before, but I’m going to say it again: I love Chinese holidays! A week ago from today (Oct. 1st) marked China’s National Day, the 60th anniversary of the founding of modern day China. Most Chinese get eight days off during this holiday celebration; I’ll be taking two weeks. Traveling within China during a holiday is chaotic, and I can attest to that, so I’ve decided to get out of the country. Where have I decided to go? South Korea for two days and then I shoot off to the motherland, Guam for two weeks! It’s been nine years since I was last on the island; I’m definitely overdue.

While in SK my mom shot me a note saying that the island was expecting a typhoon the day of my arrival. (what a way to welcome me home eh). It would’ve been a total vacation bummer, but fortunately the typhoon flew pass the island. I’ve been here for a week now and it’s been awesome. The weather is great. It’s hot and sunny most of the time with a few short showers here and there to offset the heat. I forget how humid the island gets. I’m at three cold showers a day! Stepping out of the nice, air-conditioned, newly reconstructed AB Won Pat Airport; sweat came streaming down my forehead and my body began to perspire almost immediately. I sat outside not complaining, but laughing out loud to myself (as I wipe off the sweat dripping down my face). My dad stared with a puzzled look as he was pulling up in his truck. Haha. Gosh, it feels good to be back.

Anyway, I spent this past week catching up with family, relatives and friends. I played the tourist card and dropped in on all the touristy areas. I took a stroll around the island and I have to say that not much has changed. It’s as if I never left. I did notice more abandoned buildings and homes scattered around the island. But in spite of all that, Guam is still the same, beautiful as ever.


aerialview.jpg




guamview.jpg


inarajanpool.jpg


ritidian.jpg



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “finally a trip back home”

  1. Fuji Finepix says:

    Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.

  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *