BootsnAll Travel Network



it’s a small world after all

today we took a day-trip to an outdoor museum/theme park called muang boran. according to the website, “Just a visit to the Ancient City is comparable to a Thailand-round journey within a day.” and i must say, this is true… it was truly the lazy man’s way to experience all of thailand’s architecture, history, and culture in the air conditioned comfort of aung’s little honda. there were replicas of famous temples, even the grand palace (bangkok), a floating market where we could buy lunch, the ruins of sukothai, and more. we also found various animals scattered around trying to escape the heat, including hog deer, a cow (maybe? jess thinks it’s a bull), and even water buffalo!

muang boran, "the ancient city"

traditional southern-thai style leather carving

sukothai ruins @ muang boran, "the ancient city"

water buffalo @ muang boran, "the ancient city"

floating market @ muang boran, "the ancient city"

floating market @ muang boran, "the ancient city"



Tags: ,

5 responses to “it’s a small world after all”

  1. Mom says:

    Looks cool…hope you are feeling better:)

  2. Jeremy says:

    Wow. I really want to be you (except for all the girly stuff) for a few months!

    Hope you girls have a blast!

    Jeremy

  3. Eric says:

    I heard it was free?? Can’t beat it!! Did Jess tell you? I’ll be there in March! Don’t tire her out before I get there k?

  4. Kim says:

    sounds like polynesian cultural center…thailand style! =)

  5. Jessica says:

    Fun Fun Fun! Glad to hear you guys are having such a great time. I love your blog, so thanks for keeping us all up to date. =)

    p.s. Wednesday is my last day of work. Wahoo!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *