BootsnAll Travel Network



to good to be true

to good to be true
August 16th, 2006

“so Arnika, youve finished your first week of your 2 week trial with us,and we’ve decided that your not quite right for the position, not enough experience, dont take it personally. Not my decision the head boss made it for me. So youll have to move out within 2 days, sorry”

“Im on a trial?”

So if Im on a 2 week trial, why do I only get one week. I’m actually doung fine without experience and havnt really made any mistakes for the past 2 days, the head boss is on holiday and only seen him for about 5 minutes when Ive been working, I think think its more to do with the fact you dont like me and since when was I on a trail??!!!

well thats what I would have said if I wasnt so shocked from getting fired, Ive never been fired before…and I was actually kind of good at this job….so interesting turn in events! Think the assistant manager didnt really like me and dont think I was fitting in with the “too cool for me” staff…so yeah, had lost my job and my house! A bit of a shame cause it was a really nice pub and even if the staff were a bit clicky, the customers were cool and I was enjoying myself!! So spent a bit of time on the internet hooked up a few interviews and were offered 2 more jobs by the end of the next day, left out the part where Id been fired! Ended up taking a job at a pub in Notting Hill of Portobello road over one that was right in the centre of London just off Oxford st, which seems a bit strange as the location of the other one was pretty good but this pub just seems nices, nicer staff plus Notting Hill is a really cool neighbourhood with the market on saturdays plus this huge carnival coming up. So first day today and its going well. Have my own room and it seems a bit more relaxed than the last place, do get paid a bit less though and dont get all my food provided but should be all good!

Did spend my free days checking out a bit more stuff though. Went to Hillsong church on sunday night which was great, in one of the huge theates so about 2000 people there, mostly full of aussies, kiwis and south africans and meet a cool group of people who I went out with after. Was really nice to meet some cool christians, felt like home!! hopefully will get a chance to get back a few more times before I leave.

Also went to the British Library which was really interesting, saw origanal shakesphere scripts, original Beatles lyrics while listing to recordings and also the Magna Carta (some old important document) also was a cool exhibition on newspapers and you could make your own front page of the paper and print it out. I now have myself on the front page of the Sun with a story about animals with drug addictions…quality news in true Sun style.

So yes dont visit me at churchill arms visit me at the Earl of Lonsdale in Notting hill!



Tags:

Leave a Reply