BootsnAll Travel Network



moving North

I did eventually leave Anglet, although now thinking I should have stayed longer! Got into Bordeaux yesterday and the youth hostel here is a big clean, modern, shiny place=bad times, and the most expensive hostel Ive stayed in yet. Nobody around, no fun hang out place and it is in the ghettos of Bordeaux! But I did manage to find some other people eventually, went for a big walk around the city that evening with a really nice american chick, Bordeaux does get really pretty once you get out of our ghetto suburb, also a cool aussie girl in our room who I spent the day with today which pretty much involved walking to the park and eating bread and cheese all day, because its so tough in France! Really beautiful weather here, all the wine region is around here so if you have lots of money you can go on wine tours but that was out of our price range!!

Meeting mum in 2 weeks in Paris so not too sure what to do till then, dont think Im exactly in the party area of France, more like the lets be old and rich and drink wine area. We saw a giant bottle of champagne today for 2000 euros! I wasnt going to stay another night here but cant really be botherd finding another place to go right now, the other girls left, so back by myself! Im pretty keen to hire a bike around the wine regions so will look into that tomorrow but untill then…I dont know what to do! which isnt a bad thing it’d just be nice to have some more people around, I can always just take a train somewhere fun though and Ive always got my tent to stay in!

tried to put some photos up but no luck on these computers.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply