BootsnAll Travel Network



Yay! The rain stopped.

8 Oct – 10 Oct, 2005

8th was a public holiday. Arriving in Sibenik, we were not greeted by any ladies with rooms to rent. Walking the streets, we did not find any “sobe” signs. Heading to travel agencies, we found them all closed for the day. We asked other travellers, and all seemed to be on day trips from other places. The only hotel in town was well over our budget. It seems most travellers do not stay in Sibenik, but head to neighbouring villages.

To cut the long story short, we did end up in a wonderful and cheap apartment! Two balconies, one facing the town, and the other facing the sunset over the sea. And a kitchen! Deb and Trim came for dinner. Did I mention that we bumped in to them, yet again?

The church in Sibenik is definitely worth a detour. Expressive sculptured everyday faces of locals beautiful incorporated into the exterior.

Church exterior, Sibenik

Sibenik, Croatia
“I want to be a lion!”

Sibenik, Croatia

The 9th was our first rainless day in a week! Excellent timing! Day trip to Krka National Park. We had our bathers with us, but Trim and I decided we weren’t going to be the only bunnies in the water at the foot of the waterfall. Beautiful park, accessed by boat arriving at the foot of the falls. Easily filled the hours wandering at the nearby falls.

Krka National Park, waterfall

Krka National Park, frog
Rrrribit…

And then, it was time to finally say goodbye to Deb and Trim – they’re off to Italy the next day.



Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply