BootsnAll Travel Network



More friends, more ruins, and more pots

3 Aug – 7 Aug, 2005

We first met Nick and Wendy in Myanmar (Burma) about 18 months ago. There we smoked hand-rolled cheroots with tight newspaper wads as filters. Here, they shared with us a couple of the cubans they picked up a few months ago. Pure quality in contrast. It was a pleasure to see them once again, this time in coastal Trujillo. It did seem an odd day at first, as we had visited the main sites in the days before they arrived. We ended up spending a lot of the day around tables with various foods and drinks. But with a bottle of wine and some stories (and aforementioned cigars), we found ourselves sitting up late without at all noticing the time passing.

Trujillo

Nearby pre-Incan sites are quite different from those we have visited elsewhere, and we are still amazed at the variety of these things. These sites seem to have quite a few hairless dogs hanging around – unique to Peru. Ugly as…

Hairless dog

Trujillo has a couple of excellent museums. And for a change of pace, we visited nearby coastal village of Huanchaco for seafood and sunsets.

Sechin
Is that a rocker? Detail from temple at Sechín near Casma.



Tags: , , , ,

One Response to “More friends, more ruins, and more pots”

  1. Nick Says:

    Too bad the Cubans didn’t cost 1/4 of a cent each like the cheroots did…

  2. Posted from Peru Peru

Leave a Reply