BootsnAll Travel Network



Footprints from the past

5 Jun – 7 Jun, 2005

Sucre. Lovely Colonial town with buildings dating from 1500s. White walls and red tiled rooves. Simply stunning.

Sucre

Sucre

Visited a rock wall with fossilised dinosaur footprints. Hundreds of tracks running in all directions.

Dinosaur footprints and offending dinosaurs
Dinosaur footprints and offending dinosaurs. Well, models there-of…

More dino tracks

Coming to Sucre (with a stay in Samaipata) was our first encounter with the political problems currently afflicting the nation. Road blocks. While we have now learnt that La Paz is in a bit of a state, being entirely isolated and ongoing demonstrations, at least all we have to put up with is some delays and some divergences. In fact, we have been allowed to cross the road blocks on foot and pick up transport on the other side, as they seem only intent on stopping the vehicles themselves.

First blockade
First blockade. Near Samaipata. Unfortunately, we were the first vehicle to encounter this newly manned site.

Santa Cruz blockade
Santa Cruz blockade. Many blockades still allow people to pass on foot. Peaceful, they just want to disrupt the flow of traffic and goods.

Blockade
How simple the devices of disruption.



Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply