BootsnAll Travel Network



Anacondas, piranhas, animals galore

2 Feb – 7 Feb, 2005

Highlight of our trip so far. Go and look at some of the photos. Just a tiny sample of what we saw in Los Llanos. Can’t wait for the real photos from the film camera. Anacondas, piranhas, anteaters, otters, caimans, racoons, capybaras, howler monkeys, turtles, iguanas, scorpions. And then there’s the umpteen hundred types of birds, different ibis and storks, kingfishers, caracaras, hawks, spoonbills, egrets, and this list could go on for quite a while. Stunning, and we were able to get so close to so many of them! Thanks to super eagle-eyed Howard and Papa Lindo, who could spot a giant anteater at 2 kilometres, or a howler monkey high in a tree – even when they pointed at some of the animals, it took us minutes to distinguish them from the background.

Baby Anaconda
Our first Anaconda! (Only a baby.) Hope Akasha does not get jealous.

Caiman
Caiman

Dancing with anteaters
Richard dancing with Carlito, baby anteater. Carlito is a resident of the camp where we stayed. He is only a few months old, and lost his mother when only a few weeks old. He even has his own hammock to sleep in!

Anteater cuddle
Carlito needs a cuddle from Jo.

Piranha fisher
Jo proves to be a fantastic piranha fisher.

Piranha teeth
Yes, piranha teeth are sharp!

Fried piranha
And piranha tastes pretty good, too.



Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply