BootsnAll Travel Network



Yangshou 2

Had a relaxing day in Yangshou.  Bumped into a couple of English students from before who had yet to restart classes after Tet.  So next morning we decided to go to Longsheng and the rice terraces.  Wasn’t a promising start as heavy rain but took the bus to Guilin anyway and then Longsheng.  As we got of the bus there another bus was just leaving and the driver invited us on with pictures of the wonderful scenery and the mention in LP as the place to go to get away from the crowds, I think the name was Zhuhai.  So we jumped on and took the locals bus with the chickens and colourful people of the local tribal people.

We eventually got to the place, basically a few native buildings up against the side of the rice terraces with basic accommodation and dodgy food.  Pleasant enough and some colourful people but very cold and the scenery nothing like the pics.  This area was the last place I had on my “to visit” places in China.  At a different time of year wonderful rice terraces but at the moment no colour and after the cold winter very dull, hard to get a photo.

Next morning took an early bus out back to Guilin.  Had  a very good day there, weather changed, blue skies and a lovely meal of the local fish in the evening.  Unfortunately spent the night up with a bad stomach so came back here next morning.

Today went to Fuli and did some walking around, enjoying the lovely weather.  If the weather holds out will head back towards the mountain region tomorrow, I thing the place called Cheyning bridge,  just past Sanjiang – all the place names of the top of my head and wrong spellings. After that will head acoss the towns and villages, depending on weather and conditions, and hopefully end up in Kumming in 10 days time.



Tags:

Comments are closed.