BootsnAll Travel Network



Wuyuan

Have to be on my best behaviour and not saying anything bad as the internet cafe copied my passport and took all my details, lot of hassle at 9am just to check my email !.

Anyway now in Wuyuan in north Jiangxi Province. Just spent the night in Little Likeng, a charming ancient picturesque Huizhou village on a river with some lovely old buildings and bridges with red lanterns hanging along the rooftops.  Had a lovely room with balcony overlooking the action so a chance to enjoy the scene.  The Chinese give it a AAAA so popular with them but at this time of year not that crowded.  But it is a bit of a put off to have to go thru turnstiles and have your finger prints printed on a pass just to enter a village .  And like everywhere in China the entrance fees are horrendous so does restrict how many similar places to visit as every village charges. Easy money for them but unless on a big budget does become a bit expensive and restrictive. 

The journey from Liulian was quite tough.  First had to go to Lonyan and then another bus to Nanping. Then a train to Yingtan, arriving at 3.30am .  It was bitterly cold there and raining so quite awful and with the cold, tiredness and hunger wanted to check into the nearest hotel and crawl into bed.  But instead took the 8am but to Wuyuan and then a bus to Little Likeng.  At least the journey along the back roads thru the sweeping hillsides of Fujian Province and then Jiangxi Province. High above our road the Chinese in the process of building a massive expressway, displaying their incredible road building skills, the road cuts straight thru the hills and then across the valleys on stilts.  They love their roads and railways out here.

Now waiting for a bus to take me to Tunxi in Anhui Province.  Unfortunately missed the last bus by 10 minutes so have to wait 4 hours, shame as a beautiful sunny day  ( they are just putting up their christmas tree up in the internet cafe)  so would rather be out sightseeing. But night was cold and heavy frost this morning.  Glad no solar water heater here, I think ice cubes would have come out.



Tags:

Comments are closed.