BootsnAll Travel Network



Sapa 5

Got back from my climb of Mount Fansipan yesterday.  The first day we climbed up to 2800 metres.  Wasn’t too bad, some nice views and didn’t rain despite some heavy clouds.  Mostly the route ok, walking thru bamboo forests.  We then camped there which was nice but the night much colder than I was expecting and without a jacket or blankets led for a sleepless night.  Then a hike to the summit at 3145 metres.  Hard going, very wet and slippery on the ground and I only had sandals which weren’t really up to the job as slipping and sliding everywhere and took a heavy fall hiting my knee on rocks.  But the views and feeling of making it to the top far outweighed the discomfort.

Then it was for a long decent down.  We had opted to do it in one go rather than spend another night on the mountain  so a hard day and as so often is the case in these situations the guide was more interested in getting down as quickly as possible rather then enjoying the trek and showed his displeasure every time we stopped.  To make it worse my foot was heavily blistered by now and in a bit of a mess and very painful.  But we were down by 2.30pm so not a bad effort and well worth it.

Now a couple of days to relax and hopefully a chance for my foot to recover as struggling to walk at the moment.



Tags:

Comments are closed.