BootsnAll Travel Network



Pattaya 2

Have survived another week in Pattaya and more importantly now have a new Vietnamese visa so can spend another month idling in Catba. Will be the week long Tet holidays so should be very quiet as everyone goes back to their families. However I gather I have to join some of these family/ friend gatherings so will be busy enough saying my greetings and practising my non existant Vietnamese.

Pattaya as always. With its thousands of bars and club it will never be a peaceful place no matter how hard the government tries to push it as a family resort. And these days becoming very popular with the Russian, CIS crowd and even more Indians seem to be showing up, obviously where the money is these days. But its good fun even just to watch, very colourful and with more money the place becoming possibly a better place. However serious crime seems to constantly drag it down, I saw the result of one disagreement in the main tourist street one night last week in which 2 Estonian men witnessed the other side of the land of smiles, their bodies were being hastily removed from the pool of blood, not a pleasant site.

So tomorrow will be of to the airport for Vietnam all being well.



Tags:

Comments are closed.