BootsnAll Travel Network



First stop – Pattaya

Easy enough flight with Gulf Air from London to Bangkok. Knew I must be away from the UK when an English backpacker sitting next to me informed me he had covered himself with mosquito repellant on arrival. Not sure what guide book he was using bit I certainly wouldn’t recomment it.

Nearly had a serious disaster on arrival. Used the ATM, took the money , walked away forgetting my debit card. Luckily the next guy came chasing after me otherwise would have been a big problem and hopefuuly he hasn’t cleared my account out !.

Arrived Pattaya late at night but low season so hotels quiet. If the visa card could have been a disaster, unpacking my bag I found a had a minor one. The great thing about current plane security is that you can’t take liquids in hand luggage so they conveniently get crushed in the hold. So now all the contents of my backpack is protected with factor 30 sunscreen for the trip but I won’t be. At least it wasn’t the DEET which can do much worse.

Pattaya its usual self, bright and lively and as crazy as ever. Seems fairly busy with more and more people coming from the new monied countries of the Middle East and India etc. Weather good but get the evening down pour to refesh the air.

On Monday fly to Cambodia as currently unable to get a visa for China. The visa nonsense probably one good reason why they are getting all this bad karma at the moment !. Given it has reached the stage of them being attacked by locusts, after the numerous other problems I think it is lucky they are communists as the gods can’t be happy, certainly 1- 0 to the Tibetans at the moment.



Tags:

Comments are closed.