BootsnAll Travel Network



Arrival Thailand

Have got behind on my blog updating, so will start now. The flight London to Bangkok harmless enough, only excitement was when the crew started rushing around and then the Captain announced they had an emergency. Not the best words to hear when you at 30000 feet or whatever. As it was it was only a request for a doctor onboard.

Shared a taxi from the airport to Pattaya with an Iraqui guy who made the mistake of telling our driver that he used to be a taxi driver in Baghdad. Our driver then took it on himself to try and impress. For someone reason the highway to Pattaya seems to be in a never ending state of rebuilding and now they have even given up with lanes. So it was a case of the wacky races as we sped and weaved at high speed across the four lanes plus extra ones as we needed. The “fun” was bought to en end by the police who proceeded to issue a 100 baht on the spot fine.

Arrived Pattaya and first priority was to apply for a visa, usefully it was no problem to get a 3 month visa, to be collected the following week.

So a week to spend in Thailands top fun city !. Low season so not quite as crazy as it can be and good weather however really best enjoyed with lots of money so next time…. The place still vibrant with its thousands of bars however the police were obviously going thru’ one of their periodic campdowns and so everything was very tame. The only noticeable difference was the main entertainment strip taken over by ladyboys. Possibly the Mayor had decided the girls weren’t pretty enough so it was time to bring in the “experts”. The newspapers were also complaining about an influx of British yobs who were now migrating from the Spanish Costas to Pattaya looking for cheap beer and fights. Not sure if there was a connection but a lady boy armed with 6 inch stilettoes probably a fair match for the hardest Brits.

So all in all a good week and the following Friday had my Chinese visa and decided to head for Kumming – slight change of plan there. I’m sure not the last.



Tags:

Comments are closed.