BootsnAll Travel Network



Home Sweet Home

I was awaken this morning not by a rooster crowing at dawn or the sounds of the roaring engines of tuk tuk drivers but by my adorable 4 year old nephew jumping on my bed. That’s when it hit me – I’m not in Asia anymore, I’m home. 🙂 Home sweet home – it’s always a great feeling knowing you’re on a plane bound for home.

My three months of traveling SE Asia has come and gone. No more asking or answering the ultimate traveler question: “Where are you from?” 

On the road, I had my share of grungy hostels/guesthouses, tourist traps, being robbed, scary cab rides, etc… but they all come with traveling right?! (especially being a newbie). But then you have all your amazing unforgettable moments –  trekking in Indo, snorkeling in Thailand, caving in Malaysia, walking in the rain in Cambodia, getting lost in Hong Kong – all wonderful experiences! To come from reading about the world and hearing about it from others, to finally stepping foot in those countries, my fascination for the people, culture, language and food grew immensely! It’s such an undescribable feeling! It really is. I can blog about it and post up photos but the feeling of being there is something else. I wish everybody had the opportunity or guts to come and experience and see how it is to live on the other side of the world. To have traveled in some of the poorest countries was an eye opener for me, it has changed me completely. We all have it so easy back home and we don’t realize it.

The world is a big place filled with many beautiful places and I couldn’t see enough with the two weeks vacation I got when I had a job – so I took three months to travel… but now I’m thinking maybe a bit longer for the next one. My passion and desire to travel is an addiction that will be hard to kick! As I was traveling Asia – I was already thinking about what continent I wanted to travel to next. So I’ve concluded, I am an addict and I don’t think I’ll be planning to settle down in one place any time soon lol. I hope to be on the road again in 12 months time – I’m crossing my fingers 🙂

Thank You’s

I’ve met some of the kindest, open minded and adoring people on the road and I was fortunate enough to have gotten to know some of them. So to my fellow travelers – thank you for the company, stories, advice and laughs.

Thanks to all for reading and commenting my blog.

To my fam Mom, Dad, Sam, Iris, Sheila, Trace, Jill – thanks for everything! Your love and support has been endless! Oh and the money you gave me at the airport came in handy. It got me out of some sticky situations (ie…immigration, arriving to a country forgetting to notify my bank, pay offs, etc….) lol

To Josh – you know this trip wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t for you. You inspired me to go after my desire to see the world and now look I’m hooked, it’s entirely your fault. I love you and thank you – I owe you big! 🙂

Interesting Note: I bumped into seven Americans on the road and they along with other travelers said the same thing: Only 10-15% of Americans travel outside of the US, which is a shame because they don’t know what they’re missing. There are more wonderful things to see outside the US!



Tags:

3 responses to “Home Sweet Home”

  1. Gdizon says:

    Hey Cuzzo! Damn three months went by fast. I sure will be missing all the new updates. I would come on this site everday just to see what next adventure you went on. Anyway I’m glad to know you made it safe home. I hope to hear from you soon. Take care! Miss ya!

  2. Marcel says:

    welcome home my dear friend….and please come back again to Bali, our door will always open for you and i promise will take you around jakarta and lombok he he he. Me, Naomi, Megan and Bryan are miss u dear….

  3. DonPLH says:

    Its amazing where one goes and travels….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *