BootsnAll Travel Network



delayed!

So here we sit in the airport at Taipei… it has been quite a long day so far, and there’s a light at the end of the tunnel flickering just out of reach! But hey, we’ve got free internet and 3 hours to kill, so this is what happens…

waiting for our (last!) flight

We started off the morning bright and early at Honolulu International airport at 6am and boarded the first of our three connecting flights that will eventually take us to Hong Kong. Thanks to Hazel, Jess’s mom, and Grant for the airport transportation and for the moral support! It was also great to see everyone last night for one last bbq, I was starting to get teary-eyed whenever I’d give that “one last hug” and all of your cards, emails, and phone calls have given Jess and I lots of excuses to get sappy about the people we will be missing back home in the next few months. =) We love you!!

Our first flight was from Honolulu to Tokyo, and the second which brought us here to Taipei was delayed so we missed our connection to Hong Kong… but armed with our free meal tickets and lots of time to kill, we’ve been wandering around the airport and just happened upon this free internet kiosk.

noodles at the taipei airport

Thanks for reading along with us, and cross your fingers that everything else will go smoothly – we should be in Hong Kong in about 5 hours… yay!



Tags: ,

8 responses to “delayed!”

  1. Brianne says:

    Hi Malia and Jess,

    Just wanted to let you know that I’ll be following along on this blog. I wish you all the best on your trip. Sucks that you were delayed, but hey, that’s the way it’s meant to be. Cant wait to see pictures!

  2. Kim says:

    Sorry to hear about your delay. But soooo glad you finally arrived safely. =) I was so happy to get your IM on gmail (GMAIL ROCKS!)!!!
    Have fun ladies, can’t wait to read more and see some pics. Love you! XOXO

  3. Mom says:

    I like the parks and the benches and the market. Looks cool. Dim Sum looks good too. What mix is the puppy?

  4. christy says:

    ahh! i’m so proud of you girls. for some reason i couldn’t view the pics, but i’m just imagining them in my head. glad you made it safely. LOVE the travel blog. while you spent all of tuesday being in airplanes and airports, i went through some serious “i’m going to miss them soooo much” realizations. kimi can vouch that i was grouchy and complainy on the phone with her that day. anyways, i can’t wait to see you in thailand! =)

  5. kimi says:

    I only see pics of jess and noodles…am I supposed to see puppies and benches? I’m confused by the mom comment. hmmm… miss you guys…I want more updates! =)

  6. Mom says:

    Soooo glad you are having a great time! And hi to Kirstin too:)….Todd and I saw Juno this afternoon and really liked it! Did you know we had shark fin soup at our rehearsal dinner for our wedding in l975 in Indianapolis?:)….

  7. admin says:

    thanks for reading guys… kimi, to see the rest of the pictures make sure you click on the link in the “our pictures” page. the first page is just a preview of the 3 most recently uploaded. once you get to our main flickr page, you can view all the pictures, or you can view them by “sets” (on the right side). let me know if you’re having problems. miss you guys! =)

  8. Cheap Air Tickets International Flights

    Signing your guestbook

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *