BootsnAll Travel Network



Not your average beach holiday…

Now look… I know many of you are anxiously (or so I believe, huh 😉 awaiting the Croatia picture story… but this is just to let you know I’m working on it.

The thing is, it takes lots of time for me to make a good selection of pics, since I seem to be extremely attached to every electronic representation of that slight thumb press on the light-sensitive device I’m always carrying around…

DSC01058.JPG
For no particular reason, one of my personal favourites: while getting ready to ride horses near Koprivinca, a puppy very curious about the camera – and I believe that’s Andrea in the background.

[Just once more for the new people: you have to CLICK “Continue reading…” below to get the full story… <SIGH>]

Call me emotional if you want —but after tonight’s soccer game, it seems that at least for Italians it is very much ok even to cry in public…😉 — but if I could, I’d show you every single of the approx. 1000 pics I ever took.

Yet, I cannot, since I couldn’t possibly keep your attention for so long, and more importantly, there’s just no way I would ever find the time to upload so many pics. So, stay put, and in the upcoming days (let’s hope it’s not gonna be weeks), I’ll try to convey to you some of the beauty of this breath-taking country, Croatia, and of its people, nature,…

As usual, lots of “By The Ways”:

  • Especially if you’ve ever visited this blog before, you’ll notice that I’m switching to English now. This time, my mother won’t be complaining about it (as she didn’t have to miss and worry about me for so long, I guess ;-), and at least I won’t have to worry about getting used to all kinds of keyboard layouts you find around the world… Moreover, most of the people (i.e. some of you) I’ve met, speak English, right?
  • Yet, it’s been a while since I’ve written “prose” in English, so you may notice that. As always, if you can correct any mistakes, just go ahead and spam me… (text to +32498914431 if you don’t know my email address, I’m not gonna put it online – I only want your spam…
  • To Michael and Ilana: at last, you’ve got that blog post you’ve been waiting for so long… I should thank you, in fact, as you are probably my most dedicated readers 😎 and to do a quite literal translation of a Dutch quote by Connie Palmen: “It’s the drama of dependence: you’re a parent thanks to your child, you’re a loved one thanks to your beloved, and, you’re a writer thanks to your reader…”
  • To the fantastic people of the Velibit Mountaineering Club: if you’d ever want to go to China, have a look at this. You can hardly classify that as “mountaineering”, but it’s sure, well, a nice walk…
  • If you would be wondering why I never finished “The Lost Pics” category after coming back from Asia last year: my laptop was stolen just when I was about to make the last blog post, with lots of pics… And I just couldn’t bring it up to go through that again… 🙁
  • For those among you who don’t speak dutch, and are looking for Asia pics but get confused by all the text I’ve written before: I’ll consider adding a separate entry to guide you through the blog…

Got a huge load of work to do tomorrow, so I should get some sleep now…

Cheers2all, and see you soon!
Frederik

DSC01860.JPG
Arriving back in Leuven…!



Tags:

4 Responses to “Not your average beach holiday…”

  1. Free Says:

    Just to let you know: this is the 100th entry on this blog!
    Time to celebrate!!! doh…

  2. Posted from Belgium Belgium
  3. jelena Says:

    I think that you did not even mention My beautiful city…. helooo no good

  4. Posted from Croatia Croatia
  5. Free Says:

    That’ll be coming later, Jelena, no worries… 😉

  6. Posted from Belgium Belgium
  7. jelena Says:

    Oh I was jist kidding. Your work is fantastick!!! You now me I’m joker, sm…, midnight talker…

  8. Posted from Croatia Croatia