BootsnAll Travel Network



Perks of the job

Things have been a bit quieter since carnival, the whole week after was very very slow as I guess everyone had had enough of going out. Things were back to normal this week though. Our managers have gone on away on holiday to Bulgaria, you know as you can do in Europe, so we have these relief managers, a lovely old couple. Its kind of like having substitute teachers, you know getting away with as much as you can and thinking we can run the place.
We really have some lovely customers, one of the guys who has a Saturday stall outside the pub came and brought all us girls drinks in the weekend and these guys left us this big box of this chocolate sauce/mousse stuff. Plus I’ve been getting a few flowers and chocolates from other randoms! Even went out with a few of these guys after work the other night where I brought the most expensive drink of my life….no more going out!! I think if I’m back in London again I will only go to Samuel Smith pubs (that’s what our pub is) as it really is the cheapest place around.
Had a fun day off last week, went out with one of the chicks from work, we went and did a bit of shopping then headed over to Brick lane (another super funky part of London) to a very cool café for curry then to another café for big slices of chocolate cake. So now when I live in London I can either live in Notting Hill or near Bricklane (if I could ever afford it that is). Saw Vikki in the weekend, unfortunately I was working all day so only saw her briefly but was cool to see here as haven’t seen here for 3 years. Vikki was who I did an exchange with when we were at school, she lives down near Bournemouth so hopefully I’ll get a chance to go down and stay with her again, but time is running out!

Went to Hillsong again on Sunday, meet some more cool people, it’s a very friendly church! You cant stand by yourself for more than 2 minutes without someone coming to talk to you and invite you out for lunch. So had a nice afternoon hanging out, the European Hillsong conference is in London just before I leave which would be pretty amazing to go to, but flippin expensive so not this time.

Day off again today and weather is beautiful, realizing that summer is ending now and wont be getting much nicer until I leave Europe. Have to spend the next couple of weeks restocking for the next trip as supply’s of everything are running low so will do a bit of boring shopping today and also check out the Tate Britain I think. Next week will be my 6 month anniversary since leaving home!! Cant believe its been that long, means I’m just over half way through, hard to think I’ve got a whole 5 months more, after I’ve had so many amazing adventures already. So half way through and half way round the world….other half to go!



Tags:

Leave a Reply