BootsnAll Travel Network



back to reality…kind of

My last night in paris I spent having picnics under the Eiffel tower again! Great night and not a lot of sleep. Which may have affected my thinking so much so that I somehow missed my train down to Cannes! I know I couldnt beleive I missed it, I left the hostel too late and got lost in the station and arrived 2 mins too late…so frustraiting, luckily they give you an hour to change you ticket so I was able to get on a later train without paying any extra! which was good as train are very expensive. But now I know that though it doesnt give me much motivation to make trains on time.

So I got into Cannes later that evening and Milly picked me up with the kids. Looks like itll be a fun month, its a pretty good deal as I get to stay in their lovely big house. There are 3 kids all speak french and english and trying to teach me some french. Olly is 2 and just charges around, Mathilde is 4 and very talkative and hyperactive and Ella is 6 and kind of serious and always looks after the other 2. The are all lovely and Milly their mother is great, from Christchurch and very relaxed. The girls made me presents when I arrived! They have loads of books in French and english and last night tried to get me to read the french books “Arnika I dont understand what your saying….” guess we’ll just stick to english ones from now on! They live in a place called Grasse, close to Cannes and and Anitbes/Nice. I’m only doing 4 nights a week so I’m going to try find something else for the days as I pretty much have zero dollars at the moment. So this should keep my busy till end of the month then I will move on to find something else for August.

It is crazy hot down here and I’m in Antibes for the day which is nice but dont have any swimming stuff so Im hiding from the heat in the internet cafe! It is nice to be able to cook real food and kind of feel like im in a kind of real world again, things like school, holidays, meals, bed times all are beginning to matter, and while I like moving around it is nice to be in  one place for a while and wash my clothes in a machine!



Tags:

Leave a Reply