BootsnAll Travel Network



The New Year Celebrations

Well, since Chinese New Year is like a 10 day holiday, we’ve been visiting family and going out to eat almost all the time. It’s funny though, we hadn’t had a chance to buy new clothes before some of the dinners so we showed up to some pretttty fancy restaurants wearing the same thing you would have seen in pictures from London (Grey pants, blue shirt). Luckily, we went shopping the other day and got some new clothes.

Other than that, we’ve just been taking in the sights of Hong Kong and relaxing too. It’s nice to be in once place for a little bit longer time. I think tomorrow is the last day we have to do family stuff… which is good and bad. Good in the sense that we can fully relax and not have to go house to house to house visitng people but bad in the sense that it signifies the end of us receiving the “lucky red envelopes” of money (lai see) for Chinese New Year. Yes, I said “we”… white-boy John has been cashing in on our Chinese holiday as well! haha… I guess we can make him an honorary Chinese person while he is here. He’s actually getting quite good with chopsticks and he has learned a few basic words other than Goong Hai Fat Choi… so, kudos to him.

I think we are headed up to the peak later today since it is more clear out than it has been for the past few days… I’ll try to post the Hong Kong pics onto Flickr soon. I’ve posted all the other ones up until now at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mushu but they are still private so if you want access to the almost 4000 pictures, you’re going to have to request access to them. Annnyyyway, catch y’all lata!



Tags:

Leave a Reply