BootsnAll Travel Network



Tour De France!

Wooo!
IMGP4089.JPG

Well, this weekend has been quite awesome. After Chamonix yesterday, I didn’t think much could top it… but something did. On the drive back from Chamonix, we saw a bunch of Tour De France cars on the highway so we looked up where it was… turns out it was quite close so we went down to a little town called Thones to catch stage 8 of the Tour De France.

We left first thing in the morning so we actually arrived in Thones quite early. Since we had time to kill, we spent the day quite lazily, enjoying cappuccino while reading the paper and soaking up the sun. The little town of Thones is cute and has an amazing setting as it is nuzzled in between a range of mountains.

IMGP4075.JPGIMGP4080.JPGIMGP4085.JPG

By about 11:30 the caravan had started and car after car of advertisements starting coming down the road throwing everything from key-chains to cheese at the crowd… it was actually kind of exciting even though most of the stuff would end up as garbage as soon as you got home. After what seemed like a long time, all the advertisement cars had passed and the crowed kind of dispersed…. a Tour de France souvenir car came which of course I bought a goodie bag from, and not long after that, the sirens and helicopters could be heard, letting us know that the bikes were coming. There was quite a lot of build up and what not as they drew near… and exhilarating when they passed… but it was over in a flash. And just like that, I had “experienced” the Tour De France. Very cool.

IMGP4089.JPGIMGP4117.JPGIMGP4128.JPGIMGP4129.JPG
IMGP4130.JPGIMGP4131.JPGIMGP4132.JPGIMGP4135.JPG

We then spent the afternoon in a beautiful town called Annecy… Man, what a great year.

IMGP4156.JPGIMGP4164.JPG



Tags:

Leave a Reply