BootsnAll Travel Network



Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous… and then back to reality

Well, our few days of visiting singapore were filled with living like the rich and famous. Seeing some of the more trendy and nice places to eat and drink. It was another one of those days where we felt out of place all the time but it was really nice to get to know some more family. Actually, I’ve only seen my aunt and uncle once or twice before this time in Singapore so it was really nice of them to take us around. Hopefully we will be able to keep in touch more, now that I’ve gotten to know them better.

Don’t have much to report about yesterday… we went to a reallly good vegetarian restaurant for lunch… then sat up on the mountain sipping san pellegrino while over looking Singapore… then we went for drinks at the American Club… then dinner at the British Club… all very fancy. At the end of the day, we went for Campari and lemons again at the Marina Mandarin… where my aunt and uncle are regulars. Even the lounge singer welcomed them, knew their names, and even dedicated a song… haha. I guess we’ve seen quite a broad spectrum of people and things on this trip. Oh! I can’t forget to mention, John and I finally tried fresh durian! I can’t say that I like it though…. blech. We also had mangosteens… those were ok… but not as good as mangos.

Today, we rode the bus back to KL and are now at the airport awaiting our flight to Sydney, Australia!



Tags:

Leave a Reply