BootsnAll Travel Network



Places We Don’t Belong…

Well, we arrived the night before last in Singapore… it’s a very modern and clean city with lots of very interesting architecture. Many of the buildings are very unique. However, it was quite late when we arrived so all we did was go to a little 24 hour restaurant and have some snacks and drinks while I caught up with my Aunt and Uncle who live here.

The next day, we were greeted with an awesome fresh breakfast… something we haven’t had in a while. That made for a good start to a day of visiting places that we really don’t belong. Meaning, we drove down the fancy shopping street, went to some really really nice restaurants, and went to some WAY out of our league hotels (one of which they stopped us at the door because there was an entry dress code!). It kind of reminded me of Hong Kong when my family there had their driver take us around and their maid to do everything for us….. just so strange! Anyway, these hotels, restaurants, and other places were all quite spectacular… very modern, very pristine. My relatives also took the liberty of stuffing John and I until our stomachs hung well over our pants…haha. I don’t think I’ve eaten that much in a LOONG time.

After what felt like our 4th meal, we went out to the zoo for a night safari! We’ve heard from other travelers that there is a cool zoo in Singapore so we had to check it out. Again, since we’ve seen so many things on this trip, I think it lost a bit of it’s “wow” for us but it was still definitely pretty cool… and worth the visit for anyone coming to Singapore. We stayed until almost 11pm before we hopped back in the car for what we thought would be a ride home…….. but NOPE! It was now “late dinner” time… haha. My aunt and uncle took us to “Hocker’s Central” or something like that where there is an open-air seating area surrounded by many vendors selling foods, drinks, and the like. I was literally bursting at the seams though so all I could get down was some juice but incredibly, John made some room to try the charcoal cooked chicken wings (which I will admit, looked delicious!). Finally, after like the 100th meal of the day, we made it back to my relatives’ home and hit the sack almost immediately.

Today, we are preparing for another day of eating and sight-seeing…. Our bus back to KL is tomorrow where we will then catch a flight to Sydney. Wow, time flies!



Tags:

Leave a Reply