BootsnAll Travel Network



Late for the first day of work…

Not that anyone noticed… or in that case cared, I showed up at 9:30 today for my first day of work. It was pouring rain so the bus was late which made me miss the shuttle to the building where I work… so yeah… oops.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was nice… learned my way around Ferney, France (the little town where I am living), which is only like a 15 minute drive from Geneva so the commute isn’t bad. Ferney is actually called Ferney-Voltaire because he played a big role in making the town what it is today… I’m staying pretty close to his residence… which is PIMPED. For some reason, they closed it to the public sometime between when I was here last and now. Maybe it will open up again later in the summer. There’s also an awesome little market on Saturdays the runs down the street in the town… they sell fresh veg/fruits, odds and ends, cheese, cheese, and bread… and cheese. They love their cheese here. I’m still trying to find the ones I can stand. Ummm, there’s also some great walking/running/biking trails nearby that my Uncle Jim showed me… they are stunning. Orderly grape vines, orchards with all sorts of fruits, grassy fields, dense forests, rolling hills… this area seems to have it all… not to mention the mountains in the distance. It might actually be enough to motivate me to go jogging…. we’ll see.

Anyway, today was my first day at work at the W.H.O… everyone there is really nice… and the atmosphere is really laid back so it’s perfect for me to ease my way back into work. I mainly work with a guy named Charlie from Sweden… he’s pretty fun to work with… he accidentally knocked a standing lamp down on my head today… haha… I still have a bump on my head. The bulk of today was spent going through their current system and learning my way around before I totally nerd out on them and pwn their database system. The day seemed to fly by and I was back “home” in no time… made myself a trough of salad… mmmm. It hasn’t stopped raining all day… so I guess I can’t go for that jog… hehe.

Humdidum… I’m homesick…. sigh. Anyone there?



Tags:

One Response to “Late for the first day of work…”

  1. Vix Says:

    HIIII !! Don’t worry the summer will fly by and you’ll be back before you know it. For now, just take it a day at a time and enjoy what sounds like a very, very beautiful place. It’s neat how you commute from one country to another everyday…. mm I love cheese k bye!!

  2. Posted from Canada Canada
  3. michless Says:

    hey ev, of course i read your posts!! so did you take the short bus to work???

  4. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply