BootsnAll Travel Network



Hump Day

Well, I’ve made it to Wednesday…. yesterday was pretty uneventful… it started out sunny… and looked amazingly sunny all day while I was stuck on a retarded problem trying to create some tables. I figured, I’d just put up with it for the bulk of the day and enjoy a beautiful sunny evening. So, I worked my sleeping brain as hard as I could until quitting time… stepped outside… and it was like a scene from a movie…. the SECOND I stepped onto the sidewalk, I heard thunder and then BAM, it was raining on me. Luckily, I’ve learned not to go anywhere without the umbrella so all was good.

This morning was a different story, it was the clearest I’ve seen it since I got here… .I could see the mountains for miles… just breath-taking. So breath-taking that I stopped to look at them… and then missed my bus… haha. Luckily, I’ve been trying to catch the early bus so I still made it on time. So, every morning, I take a bus to the headquarters and from there I catch a shuttle to a different building… the driver of this shuttle is a really good lookin’ guy… and for some reason, I’m the only one who ever takes the shuttle. So, he’s been helping me with my french and stuff… I’ll have to say, it’s actually starting to come back! Mme. Chebry (My french teacher) would be so proud!

Anyway, I’ve been cooking tons of fresh food and feeling great… still haven’t gone on that jog but hopefully this weekend…. riiight.

Oh, here are a few things I’ve learned about myself:
1. I have not acquired a taste for cheese…. it still tastes a little bit like crusty socks to me but I’ve been doing my best trying all sorts of them.
2. I am a fashion faux pas… haha. I am surprised nobody has called Stacy and Clinton on me to be on what not to wear. In Edmonton, I may be seen as different, or unique… but here, I think I appear to be some kind of accident. Everyone here dresses so good… I’m going to make it a point to try and learn how to put together a wardrobe.
3. I am a boring person. I am not very outgoing… I don’t know why it is? Maybe I just don’t like going out because I am a walking fashion victim. I’m going to grow up to be one of those crazy cat ladies… but I’m allergic to cats… so I’m going to raise rocks.. yeah.

Sigh… on that note… I’m going to retreat into my hermit shell.



Tags:

One Response to “Hump Day”

  1. Vix Says:

    lol.. crazy rock lady!

  2. Posted from Canada Canada
  3. michless Says:

    Hey, you are the QUEEN of fashion faux pas. that’s hilarious. Do I have to make a trip out there and take to you Italy for some shopping, geez that’s a great idea!!

  4. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply