BootsnAll Travel Network



My Return to Switzerland

Well, it’s been like 8 months since I’ve been in Switzerland and it looks quite different this time around. Instead of the beautiful colors of fall, summer is in full bloom here. I look forward to enjoying the background of the Swiss Alps and the disciplined lifestyle of the Swiss.

As for the past couple weeks, the have been kind of bitter-sweet. Sweet in the sense that it was awesome to be home and to visit people but bitter in the sense that my world tour came to an end… and also bitter in the sense that the stay was long enough to discover how much I missed home but too short to really relax and see everyone. After such a chaotic lifestyle of traveling, that feeling of “I’m home” really hit me when I saw my good friend Darren at the airport to pick me up… it was like a big bag of warm and fuzzies 🙂 . Seeing as how people were still living in my house, Darren was nice enough to take me all the way to my mom’s house (Thanks Darren!). Unfortunately, my mom was away on business so I didn’t get to see her… but I did get to see Fonzworth….. He got FAT!! Like realllly fat!! As I got settled in at home, my brother and his wife visited… and something dawned on me… I think absence does make the heart grow fonder. I realized how great it felt to see my family and friends when I normally take their presence for granted.

So, the bulk of the week was spent visiting family, friends, old flings, etc… Actually, I realized something else that was kind of cool while visiting people. I have friends from age 5 to like 80-something. I find it just as fun to hang out with my wrestling kids as it is to hang out with my friends’ parents…. does that mean I can be really mature and really immature? Who knows…. It just makes me smile knowing that I can share in the lives of so many different people. I feel like such a hippy… I love you all!!

I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with me though… it’s like I was beat down with a happy-zen stick and I can’t help but be content with whatever comes my way. I hope this feeling can survive once I start working… otherwise I’m going to have to figure out a way to avoid work for the rest of my life! Or learn how my friend Andy keeps the happy-zen feeling… he is the master. *Shout out to Andy*

So, yeah, I didn’t really do anything at all in Paris… spent the week catching up with family… sleeping… eating… facebooking 🙂 … Hopefully the WHO has a nice kooshy job to start so I can ease in without my head exploding. All I did today was hide in an office and learn how to get to and from work. I’m going to have to see if I can be like Kassam and work my slippers into my work attire… hehe. That’s all from me for now… will post about my first day of work on Monday… sigh.



Tags:

Leave a Reply