BootsnAll Travel Network



It’s October 22… and I just got a sunburn!

Athens2.JPG
I love it… don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind the winter at home but there’s nothing like spending a day in shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops walking all around Athens and realizing that I have a sunburn while people at home are probably starting to have to warm up the car in the morning.

Just thought I’d rub that one in a little to my peeps back home :).

P.S. Happy (belated) birthdays: Kent, Kim, Ada… Oh, and there are a couple pictures up now. I’ll try and get more next time I find a computer with and SD reader.



Tags: ,

One Response to “It’s October 22… and I just got a sunburn!”

  1. heather Says:

    Sunburn results from too much sun or sun-equivalent exposure. Almost everyone has been sunburned or will become sunburned at some time. Anyone who visits a beach, goes fishing, works in the yard, or simply is out in the sun can get sunburn. Improper tanning bed use is also a source of sunburn. Although seldom fatal, sunburn can be disabling and cause quite a bit of discomfort. Sunburn is literally a burn on your skin. It is a burn from ultraviolet (UV) radiation. The consequence of this burn is inflammation of the skin. Injury can start within 30 minutes of exposure. UVA and UVB refer to different wavelengths in the light spectrum. UVB is more damaging to the skin especially for skin cancer skin. Both UVA and UVB are responsible for photoaging (premature aging of the skin, wrinkles, and serious Sun-damaged Skin ) and sunburn. Tanning beds produce both UVA and UVB rays. Travel to the southern United States, regions close to the equator, and places at high altitudes all offer the unwary visitor an opportunity to be injured by sunburn. Certain light-skinned and fair-haired people are at greater risk of sunburn injury. Prior recent sun exposure and prior skin injury are risks for sunburn, even in limited exposure to the sun. However, normal limited exposure to UV radiation produces beneficial vitamin D in the skin.

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply