BootsnAll Travel Network



Felluca Ride and Khan Al-Khalili

Well, today was a slower paced day but it was pretty wicked none-the-less. Of course, John and I decided to sleep in this morning. We did wake up in time for our free breakfast that the hostel offers. I spent the morning (John was still sleeping) talking with one of the owner’s of the hostel. Coincidentally, he was born in Edmonton too! We talked about Egypt, traveling and he actually set up the Falluca ride for us down the Nile.

So, after lounging around for most of the day, we were off to a Felluca ride to watch the sun set behind Egypt. A felluca is pretty much a sail boat so at least there was no loud motor as we drifted down the Nile… it was nice and calm, interrupted only occassionally with a passing boat and the distant sound of car horns. It was a total different pace than the chaos of the city around us.

After the felluca ride, we came back to the hostel to meet up with an american guy who wanted to come to Khan Al-Khalili with us. We managed to catch a cab and get down to the market. The market was a lot like the souks in Morocco except they sold more pyramids, scarabs, tut’s head… etc… the other stuff was similar… sheesha, pagminas, etc. Of course, the 3 of us stuck out like sore thumbs so we were asked to go into the shops and buy everything. After a couple hours of haggling and frustration, we all left with a little something to remember Cairo. I’m pretty sure we all paid too much but it was the experience that we were there for.

It was pretty late by the time we got back so we just sat back and relaxed… tomorrow, we aren’t sure what we are doing but I’m sure it’ll be fun. Our flight leaves tomorrow night and we will be in Nairobi Saturday morning. I don’t know how my internet access will be there. If there isn’t easily accessible internet, this may be my last post for a while….



Tags:

No Responses to “Felluca Ride and Khan Al-Khalili”

  1. Ed Says:

    crazy! g’z Ev it seems like you’ve met a lot of people from Alberta!

    I’d love to just relax on a sail boat and float down stream. See any wild animals? Did u try snake charming? Mongoose vs. snake fights?

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply